The 17th senate meeting of the National University has been held on 13 Jun, 2015, Saturday at 10.00 am in the Senate Hall of the University. The Vice-Chancellor of the National University Mr. Harun or Rashid presided over the meeting. There are various aspects has presented on the meeting. Among the activities discussed in the meeting has implemented 28, under implementation 09 and future plan 10.
In the 17th senate meeting the discussants have agreed on various issues of the university and concerned the colleges under the national University.
Following are the main points that the senate members were agreed upon;
• The national University will be the Information Technology based by 2017 and at the mid 2018 it will be free from session jam
• After making the university session jam free, the mail goal will be the development of the quality of the education
• End of the 2016 will be held the 1st convocation of the National University
• The colleges will be ranked with prize
• Admission of the students will be on the basis of the result of SSC and HSC, admission process will be started before the other universities, from December of the year
• Presentation of the annual report of the university, passed the revenue budget of one hundred eighty one cror forty five lac and ninety thousand and development budget of taka one hundred sixty seven cror ninety six lac fifty thousand
• Accepted proposal of renaming the university building with any freedom fighting supportive educationist or freedom fighter now that is named of M. A. Bari building
In the 17th senate meeting among other were present Professor MD. Ali Ashraf MP, Abdul Quddus MP, Dr. Sharif Enamul Kabir, Dr. muhammed Samad, Dr. Al Masud Hasanuzzanman, Dr. Muntasir Uddin Khan mamun, Dr. M. Ohiduzzaman.